Sunday, January 29, 2017

What techniques or styles do you struggle with?

Hi!

Sorry for the lack of posts this week unfortunately other activities had to take priority.  I'm sat here at my craft desk surrounded by colours and I have no idea what do to!

I've been watching lots of YouTube videos and updates from CHA and I see such amazing products and techniques with wonderful creations at the end. I look round my craft space and see most of the things I need to have a go.  But there is one "style" I just can't seem to get...  mixed media/craft journaling.  I can't seem to create random nice-ness!

So, when you don't know what to do then what better.. try and make a random nice-ness!

Before I post the pic of the "outcome" I would say that it nearly went in the bin several times!

Here's what I did..

  • Base coat of Dina Wakley Media - Gel Medium (matte)
  • Random rubbings of various Tim Holtz Distress Crayons
  • A sprinkle of Paperartsy Infusions
  • Spritz of water
  • A bit if tissue to remove some of the excess water
  • A blitz with the heat gun
  • A background stamp with black stazon
  • A sprinkle of Stampendous embossing enamals - Chunky White and Aged Silver

And this is the outcome..


No comments:

tracy brown-scott / blue daisy crafts
2008